This is an analysis of the poem Riding Together that begins with:
For many, many days together
The wind blew steady from the East;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab acac adad aeae afaf afaf afaf agag afaf ahah afaf afaf aiai
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101010 01110001 110111010 010101101 110111010 11110111 101101010 10000111 1101001110 11011101 110111010 011001101 110111010 11010111 110001010 11010101 100111010 11011101 1111001010 01010101 111111010 11010101 11101001010 01010101 111101010 11110101 0101001110 11111111 10100111010 0100100101 11010010110 01110111 1111110010 11110111 11111001010 11111111 110101010 1100111001 0101001010 10010111001 1011111010 01010101 0101101010 01011101 111111010 110101111 1111001110 01010011 111111010 11011111 111101010 01111111
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 152
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; many, of, my, no are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, i, the, they are repeated.
The author used the same words for, and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Riding Together;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.