This is an analysis of the poem Poem (The Lump Of Coal My Parents Teased) that begins with:
The lump of coal my parents teased
I'd find in my Christmas stocking...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXb XXcX dXeX aebe cdXd Xb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011101 11011010 111100110 111111 1111111 01101010 11011111 101101010 00111010100 11110111 1011011101 110101000 111111101 10110101 100111110 1101010110 11100101 01101101 110001010 110011 0100010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, you are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Poem (The Lump Of Coal My Parents Teased);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.