This is an analysis of the poem The Last Irish Grievance that begins with:
As I think of the insult that's done to this nation,
Red tears of rivinge from me fatures I wash,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXX XcXc XdXd aXaX ecec fbfX gXgX XXXg hihi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110001110010 110100110011 1010010011000 0110100101 11111011100 11101001001 1101001010100 11011011001 111010011100 11101001011 1110010010010 11001001111 1100100110010 110110110110 01111110010 00100010010010 1010010110010 11001011001 111010110010 11101111001 111110011111 11111100001 101110010011 11000110101 110111010111 11101101001 111010111110 11101011010 111010010110 11001001110 110111110010 110111001101 101010110010 1110101001 110110110010 01011011001
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 195
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words what, and are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Last Irish Grievance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.