This is an analysis of the poem Song Of The Violet that begins with:
A humble flower long time I pined
Upon the solitary plain,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd ababefef ghghXded
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 010101111 01010101 11010101 11010101 11100110 0101001001 110001010 011101 11110101 11011111 11110101 01010101 01111111 11110101 11010101 110111 01010011 01101101 110010111 01101101 11111101 11010011 110011111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 256
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, it, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, it are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song Of The Violet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.