This is an analysis of the poem Requiescat that begins with:
Under the stone you behold,
Buried, and coffined, and cold,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaa bbb ccc ddd eee aaa eXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001101 10110011 111001 1111001 1001011 1001101 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001001 1001011 110001 1101011 1001011 1111101 1101001 1001001 1011101 1111001 1001100 101001001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 88
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Requiescat;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.