This is an analysis of the poem A Credo (After The German) that begins with:
For the sole edification
Of this decent congregation, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabBBccXdDDX eefffggadDDX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110010 00101010 1010111 1010101 1010101 00101110 10101110 101101 11110101 11010101 101111011 100101110 11101010 10101010 1110101 1010111 1010111 11101010 1000111 010111 11110101 11010101 101111011 100101110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 388
- Average number of words per stanza: 69
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, he are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines chant, sang, loved are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word long at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Credo (After The German);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.