This is an analysis of the poem Xii. Written At A Convent. that begins with:
IF chance some pensive stranger, hither led,
His bosom glowing from majestic views, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbacddceaaeee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0111010101 0101000101 01011011001 1111010101 1101000101 0101010111 0101011101 0101110101 1011110111 01111100111 1111000101 1011010101 1101010101 0111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 637
- Average number of words per stanza: 111
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Xii. Written At A Convent.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Lisle Bowles
- Analysis of On Leaving Winchester School
- Analysis of The Spirit Of Discovery By Sea - Book The First
- Analysis of Music