This is an analysis of the poem Dirge Of Nelson that begins with:
Toll Nelson's knell! a soul more brave
Ne'er triumphed on the green-sea wave!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaB cccB dddXXaaaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010111 11010111 1100101001 1101 01011001 01110101 11010101 1101 11111101 11100111 01010101 0101 01011001 11010101 11010101 1001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 127
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dirge Of Nelson;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.