This is an analysis of the poem Summons To Love that begins with:
And paint the sable skies... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbbccbddXdee fghfgahiiaaaaaaddgXgddddaajjkk
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,30,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001 110101 010111 1101000101 1111010101 01000110111 1101001 110011111 111101 0101111101 1100110 0101011101 110101 11101111001 001101 11111 011111 0101111101 111101 110101 1101010101 0001111001 1101110111 111101 111101 111101 111111101 011101 1101100101 011111 010101101 1100101 110101 100101 011101 110001 1000111 1101001 110101 0101010101 010101101001 01010111011 100101 1101001101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 736
- Average number of words per stanza: 131
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Summons To Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.