This is an analysis of the poem Child Thoughts that begins with:
WRITTEN TO COMMEMORATE THE ANNIVER-
SARY OF MY BROTHER TOM 'S BIRTHDAY... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XX ababacca dedeXaaf XXfXXggh dbdbhhhX iXijckkc dgdgdjjd cacalhhl
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10001010100 1001101111 110011101 11110101 11010101 110100111 01010111 01011101 11110100 11110101 01111101 11011111 11011101 11111101 01010001 01111101 010011111 01010111 011110100 11011101 01111101 01000110 01010100 10011101 110101001 11010101 0110101 01010111 010110101 010010001 01111111 11011101 01010101 01110110 11110101 010101011 11110001 11111111 01011101 011101010 11101001010 11000101 01010101 01010101 11010101 01010111 01111101 11001001 11010101 010110101 11010100 11010111 01010111 01111101 11010111 01110011 110100001 11011111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 253
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 58
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words of, the are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Child Thoughts;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.