This is an analysis of the poem The Fog that begins with:
I saw the fog grow thick,
Which soon made blind my ken;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb dece afbf fcXc feXe dXeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111 111111 011101 110011 011111 101011 011101 110101 110111 111111 111101 010101 011101 010101 110011 1001001 011111 111111 110111 110111 110101 1111110 110101 011111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 107
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Fog;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.