This is an analysis of the poem The Sea Is Full Of Wandering Foam that begins with:
The sea is full of wandering foam,
The sky of driving cloud;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 010101001 010101 11010101 010111 110101101 110011 01110101 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 131
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Sea Is Full Of Wandering Foam;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.