This is an analysis of the poem The Skies that begins with:
Ay! gloriously thou standest there,
Beautiful, boundless firmament! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXabcc dedebb fbfbgg dXdhff hfhfaa bdbdee dbdbaa hihibb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110001101 10010100 110110111 1100101 011111001 11011101 11011111 01111101 11110101 001111 01010111 111101001 11110111 01110101 01111101 010111 10010101 10110101 11110001 11011111 11010101 011101 01011101 10110111 01010101 01111101 01111111 011101 11010111 01110101 01010011 01011101 11010101 111101 11011111 01110101 11110101 11011111 01011111 110101 11011111 110100101 11010101 01110101 11001111 010011 11001101 11010011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 216
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, that, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase smiles connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Skies;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.