This is an analysis of the poem My Autumn Walk that begins with:
ON woodlands ruddy with autumn
The amber sunshine lies;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb bded ebbb efgf XhXh Xdgd eihi ejhj bdhd baka bclc lbbb iala ihah ihlhXbjkj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110010 010111 11101011 1110011 10111011 1100111 11101110 10101111 0101010 1010101 001001010 0100101 1101110 0111001 11101010 110101 10010111 010111 111001010 0101111 1000011 011101 01101010 110101 11110010 0101101 0111010 110101 01011110 0110101 01011010 1100111 11101010 1101001 01110110 1100101 111111100 0101001 10101010 010101 01110011 110111 0111110 1110101 11101010 1011101 10100011 10101001 11010110 1011011 11010010 0010101 1111010 10100111 10101110 1100111 101011011 010111 10111110 110101 01110010 1010111 01010110 0100101
- Amount of stanzas: 16
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 64
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
The author used the same words beautiful, oh at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Autumn Walk;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Cullen Bryant
- Analysis of Upon The Mountain's Distant Head
- Analysis of The Past
- Analysis of The Death Of Abraham Lincoln