This is an analysis of the poem Mary Magdalen that begins with:
FROM THE SPANISH OF BARTOLOME LEONARDO DE ARGENSOLA.
... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abbacc bbbbdd effebb dggddd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00100100101001000 1110111010 0111010101 010101 11010100010 11011111001 0101011 01001100010 10101010111 111101 11110111010 1011001111 101111 00111001010 01010110101 0101001 11010101010 0101110101 1100101 11110111010 1011010111 110111 01011111010 1101010101 1100101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 199
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words thou, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mary Magdalen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Cullen Bryant
- Analysis of Life Of The Blessed
- Analysis of Song Of Marion's Men
- Analysis of The Green Mountain Boys