This is an analysis of the poem America that begins with:
OH mother of a mighty race,
Yet lovely in thy youthful grace!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcc ddeeff bbeegg ddbbhh eeddbb eXddbb ggbbee iihhff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11000101 11001101 01011101 01111100 0101 11011111 11110101 11110101 11011101 01111111 1101 01111101 11011101 11110011 11111111 110011101 1101 01011101 11101111 11001101 11101101 111100101 11001 011111111 11010101 11110001 11011101 11011101 0111 11010101 111011111 11110110 01010101 101100111 10111 11110101 11110111 11010111 10010001 01000101 1111 11110111 1101001010 110111110 11110101 11110101 0111 01110111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 205
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thy, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of America;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.