This is an analysis of the poem The Necessity Of Self–abasement that begins with:
Source of love, my brighter sun,
Thou alone my comfort art;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab caca dede fefe bbbb bfbf bfbf gfgf aaaa bfbf bcbc haha aXaf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011101 1011101 1110111 11101001 0111101 1100101 1111001 1011101 1011111 1010101 1010101 1000101 1011101 1110101 1100011 1011101 1011101 11100111 1010101 1010111 1110101 1111101 1011101 1011101 1001101 0110101 1010101 1011101 1110111 1011101 1011111 1011111 1010101 1000001 1000111 1010001 1010111 10100001 1001111 1010101 1010111 1010101 1000101 1010101 1101001 1101001 0011101 1000111 1111101 10001001 1001101 11101101
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 120
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Necessity Of Self–abasement;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.