This is an analysis of the poem The Modern Patriot that begins with:
Rebellion is my theme all day,
I only wish 'twould come... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd cccc Xeee cbcb fbfb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01001111 110111 11110101 010101 11011111 1010100010 11110001 1111110 11010101 111011 01010001 110101 11111101 0101011 11010001 110111 11011101 1111010 11011111 1101110 011111001 1111110 11011101 1111010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Modern Patriot;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.