This is an analysis of the poem The Heart Healed And Changed By Mercy that begins with:
Sin enslaved me many years,
And led me bound and blind; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcbcX dcdcebeb cfcfgXgX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011100 111111 1110101 1101011 1000110101 10110101 1110111 1101110 1110011 010001 1110111 110101 1110111 1111101 1110111 010101 1010101 110110 1010011 110111 1110111 1011001 1010111 10111100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 251
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Heart Healed And Changed By Mercy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.