This is an analysis of the poem Prayer For Patience that begins with:
Lord, who hast suffer'd all for me,
My peace and pardon to procure, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef ghgh adadXbdbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11110111 11110001 01011111 11010001 01011001 11010101 110101101 01010101 11111101 110010101 10111101 11000101 01110101 11010111 01110001 11000101 1010111 11011101 11111101 11010101 11110001 11110111 11010111 110101001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 140
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Prayer For Patience;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.