This is an analysis of the poem Praise For Faith that begins with:
Of all the gifts Thine hand bestows,
Thou Giver of all good! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd eeee dfdf fgXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01011101 110010 110010101 111001 11010101 001111 11010111 111001 111101001 110101 111010001 110101 10010011 1100101 11110101 110101 11111111 011111 010101010 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thee is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word we is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Praise For Faith;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Cowper
- Analysis of The Snail
- Analysis of Verses Written At Bath, On Finding The Heel Of A Shoe
- Analysis of Watching Unto God In The Night Season