This is an analysis of the poem Peace After A Storm that begins with:
When darkness long has veil'd my mind,
And smiling day once more appears, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd cece caca dfdf gXge
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11011111 11011101 11100111 01001111 111111001 11111100 11011101 11011101 11111101 11111101 11011101 11011001 11110001 11110101 11110101 10011101 11111101 100101000 11100101 11010101 11110001 11110010 11110101 01110101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Peace After A Storm;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Cowper
- Analysis of The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death
- Analysis of The Jackdaw
- Analysis of On The Receipt Of My Mother's Picture Out Of Norfolk