This is an analysis of the poem On The Benefit Received By His Majesty From Sea-Bathing, In The Year 1789 that begins with:
O sovereign of an isle renowned
For undisputed sway... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cbcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11001101 110101 010101101 010111 01011111 0100101 11110101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 124
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Benefit Received By His Majesty From Sea-Bathing, In The Year 1789;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Cowper
- Analysis of On Mrs. Montague's Feather Hangings
- Analysis of On Observing Some Names Of Little Note Recorded In The Biographia Britannica
- Analysis of The Task: Book I, The Sofa (Excerpts)