This is an analysis of the poem Ode To Peace that begins with:
Come, peace of mind, delightful guest!
Return and make thy downy nest... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaabba ccdeed ffghhgXhaecce
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,13,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 01111101 110011 110111001 11100101 111111 11110101 010010101 1100101 11011101 01111101 010011 01011101 010110111 111101 11010101 01100101 000100 11110111 11110101 1001101 11111101 11010111 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 194
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thee, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words nor, the, for, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ode To Peace;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.