This is an analysis of the poem Ode To Apollo. On An Inkglass Almost Dried In The Sun that begins with:
Patron of all those luckless brains,
That, to the wrong side leaning,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababaaaXcdcdefefaeaeghghgfgf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 28,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011101 1001110 0111011 1101110 11110101 1101010 110011001 0101000 11000101 110001 010111001 010101 10000101 010101 10110111 110111 10011101 010101 01110001 111101 010011101 0101001 01110111 110001 1010101 010011 11110111 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 846
- Average number of words per stanza: 157
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ode To Apollo. On An Inkglass Almost Dried In The Sun;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.