This is an analysis of the poem Joy In Martyrdom that begins with:
Sweet tenants of this grove!
Who sing without design,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbcbc cacacdcd dadaefef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110001 110101 010101 010001 1100101 1100101 111101 0111010 111101 111101 111101 110101 111101 0111001 100101 111111 011101 111101 110101 110011 110101 0111001 110101 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 219
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Joy In Martyrdom;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.