This is an analysis of the poem Hatred Of Sin that begins with:
Holy Lord God! I love Thy truth,
Nor dare Thy least commandment slight; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cbcb bdbd ecec XfXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10111111 11110101 11110101 11010001 11010101 11110101 11111101 10010111 11010101 11011101 11100111 111101111 010010111 11010001 11010101 11010101 11110101 11010101 11110110 01110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 144
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hatred Of Sin;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.