This is an analysis of the poem A Song : The Sparkling Eye that begins with:
The sparkling eye, the mantling cheek,
The polished front, the snowy neck,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbbb cccddc eefggf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 010010101 01010101 11010101 1011101 1010101 11011101 101101001 010011101 11010101 11111101 01010011 11111101 11110101 01010101 11110101 01110101 01010111 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 206
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; our is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Song : The Sparkling Eye;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.