This is an analysis of the poem The Secret that begins with:
SHE passes in her beauty bright
Amongst the mean, amongst the gay, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cccc dbdb ebeb fgfg bhbh cacaXadad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11000101 01010101 11110101 11011101 11010101 11010101 11000101 00111101 11111111 11111011 11010101 11010111 10110111 10110110 11011101 11010111 110101010 110100001 110101010 11010101 11100101 10010111 10010101 1101001 01111111 11010101 110101001 01110101 11111101 11111101 11010001 11011001
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 140
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, and, of, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Secret;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.