This is an analysis of the poem A Poplar that begins with:
Why do you shiver there
Between the white river and the road?... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaabbX cXcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101 010110101 1111 001110011 11111101000111 011001011100 11011 1000010010100 010101 11010100100100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 186
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Poplar;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.