This is an analysis of the poem Willow Poem that begins with:
It is a willow when summer is over,
a willow by the river...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXbbXXaXXaaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 00011110010 0111010 01111101 10101 110110 0111110 11110 10010100010 101011 1111110 0100110010 0100010 0101111 000101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 406
- Average number of words per stanza: 84
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Willow Poem;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.