This is an analysis of the poem Veronica's Napkin that begins with:
THE Heavenly Circuit; Berenice's Hair;
Tent-pole of Eden; the tent's drapery;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababaXcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01001010001 1101001100 10001001111 010101101010 1101011101 1001000101 11010011101 0101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 320
- Average number of words per stanza: 57
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Veronica's Napkin;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.