This is an analysis of the poem News For The Delphic Oracle that begins with:
THERE all the golden codgers lay,
There the silver dew,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbXdcXeeXeXfXfghdhacgX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 10101 10110111 10111 11011011 110101 110101001 11000 10011101 011101 11011101 110101 1010101 110101 11001111 111001 001010101 111111 11010101 101101 01011101 1101001 100010101 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 745
- Average number of words per stanza: 127
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words there, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of News For The Delphic Oracle;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Butler Yeats
- Analysis of The Ghost Of Roger Casement
- Analysis of Slim Adolescence That A Nymph Has Stripped
- Analysis of Statistics