This is an analysis of the poem A Welcome that begins with:
WELCOME, welcome! do I sing,
Far more welcome than the spring;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb cdcdE fefeE gXgfE fafaE hihiE
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010111 11101001 11100110 101001110 1100101 1001101 1110101 0010100 10101 1111111 1010110 0101100 1110101 10101 1111111 11101100 00101011 10101010 10101 1011111 10111010 1010001 10101010 10101 1110101 1110101 1110101 1010101 10101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 158
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; welcome is repeated.
The author used the same word he at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word then at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Welcome;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.