This is an analysis of the poem Life And Death that begins with:
This world is driven by two contending powers--
Love, that coerceth Heaven to dwell with dust, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbacdcXXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 010101101010 1110100101 11101011101 11111101101 110010111010 1101011101 1101110111 11100101110 11111101110 11110100101 11011111010 01010011100 111100101010 11011101111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 683
- Average number of words per stanza: 118
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, each are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Life And Death;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.