This is an analysis of the poem Tokens that begins with:
Green mwold on zummer bars do show
That they've a-dripped in winter wet;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXccddXa XeXeXXaabb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110111 11010101 01111101 01111111 01010101 11110101 11010111 01011101 111101110 010010101 01100101 101011101 11011111 101011101 11011101 11011111 11011111 01111011 110010111 010011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 372
- Average number of words per stanza: 73
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; an' is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Tokens;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.