This is an analysis of the poem Blackmwore Maidens that begins with:
THE PRIMRWOSE in the shade do blow,
The cowslip in the zun, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXaXXX XbXbXXcX dXXeXXdX ecXcXXXX cfcfXXdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01000111 010001 01010111 011111 11110101 111101 11010101 010101 01111101 110101 01011111 110101 01011111 111001 11010101 010101 01110111 0101100 11010101 110101 1101011 1110110 111110011 010101 10111011 011011 0111110 110101 11100111 111001 11111101 010101 11011101 011101 11010101 110111 11010101 111101 11010101 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 258
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; their is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, an are repeated.
The author used the same word if at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word stour at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Blackmwore Maidens;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.