This is an analysis of the poem To The Author Of 'Hesperides that begins with:
Hayrick some do spell thy name,
And thy verse approves the same;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011111 1110101 1111101 01010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Author Of 'Hesperides;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Allingham
- Analysis of The Winding Banks Of Erne
- Analysis of The Nobleman's Wedding
- Analysis of Lovely Mary Donnelly