This is an analysis of the poem The Letter that begins with:
With B.E.F. Jun 10. Dear Wife,
(Oh blast this pencil. 'Ere, Bill, lend's a knife.)... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbXcXcddeeXbbXddccXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011111 1101011101 00011011 11010101 1111001101 11011111 0101010111 110100101 11110111 11111101 11111101 11011101 1110011110 110011101 1111111 10111101 11111111 11011010 110010111 11011111 11110111 11111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 848
- Average number of words per stanza: 169
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Letter;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.