This is an analysis of the poem What The Spider Heard that begins with:
Will there be time for eggnogs and eclogues
In the place where we’re going? ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XAB bcdb eAb bcdb eaBXbcddb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,3,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011111100 0011010 1010001 111101 1111010 1111010 111000101 011111101101 0011010 1010001 0010101 10101010 010101010 01101001 11111111010111 1011010 1010001 1010101 10101010 10101010 10101010 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; there, said, what, question are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, what are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines fly is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word fly at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of What The Spider Heard;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.