This is an analysis of the poem Robinson At Home that begins with:
Curtains drawn back, the door ajar.
All winter long, it seemed, a darkening ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcd eXbe fXed gbag XfXf ffXcXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10110101 1101010100 01110111010001 0101100110100 11010100 1111000111 101100001 11010101110001 110111010101 111001001 1101010111 100101000 0100010101010 0110110100 1101001011101 110101010100 111101010001 0111010101 01000101011 010101010101 11110001110111 1010001111101 010111 1101 00100111110 100111010101 1011010001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 199
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Robinson At Home;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.