This is an analysis of the poem Aspects Of Robinson that begins with:
Robinson at cards at the Algonquin; a thin
Blue light comes down once more outside the blinds. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcda XaXca XaXXX aXadb baeXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 100111001001 1111111101 110101111101 010101010101011 0011010100 100101010101 1101100111 110111011100 110101110101 10111010100 100100010100100 100100101001001100 100110010011 11111010111 1000111010101 10001110100 010010110011 01011101101 11000101101 01010111000111 10001110111 1101110101 01001101110101 1101011011100 0111001110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 256
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; robinson, at are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word robinson is repeated.
The author used the same word robinson at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word robinson at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Aspects Of Robinson;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.