This is an analysis of the poem Voices that begins with:
NOW I make a leaf of Voices--for I have found nothing mightier than
they are,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaX bcXaX bXcbb XXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,5,5,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010101111101001 11 11111111010100001 110001111101110 10010101001111011 10 101010011000101101 0101 1110110 10010010110100010 1 11110011011101011 0100111 1111111011010 01111101000110101 011111010001111 10001010011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 218
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, and, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word until is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Voices;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.