This is an analysis of the poem Song Of Myself, XXVIII that begins with:
Is this then a touch? quivering me to a new identity,
Flames and ether making a rush for my veins,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXaXbXcaddebd ded aeXXcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,3,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0010110010010100 11101001111 10010110110010 111110110011010100011 11110010010011 1001001110011 010010011101010 010101111010 1000111011011 010101000100111101 1000100101001 11011011111101001 101010101111011110 100100101001001 110100110101101 0101010010101 111110001010 1110010010101011 11101110 111011111111111101010 1111100101111011 1101111101101001 10111111111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 329
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 56 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to, my, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words they, i are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines me is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word me at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song Of Myself, XXVIII;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.