This is an analysis of the poem Song Of Myself, VII that begins with:
Has any one supposed it lucky to be born?
I hasten to inform him or her it is just as lucky to die, and I know it.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aX Xbb XXc Xabdda bcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,3,3,6,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101010001 110001110001110011110 1110010110011111101011111 101101101101110010 0101010111110 111111111011 110110100101110101100111 11111010111 10011011011111111 111110111110 1101101111010010 11011101111101010010 11111111111 111010100010 101111001111010 1110101101011 1101010010010011001001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 218
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 63 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 13
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to, it, i, good, earth, for, me, that, mothers are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, for are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines good is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song Of Myself, VII;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.