This is an analysis of the poem Race Of Veterans that begins with:
RACE of veterans! Race of victors!
Race of the soil, ready for conflict! race of the conquering march!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: cinquain
- Metre: 101001010 1001101101001001 1110001010101 1111011101001 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 249
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 5
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; race, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word race is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase race connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Race Of Veterans;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.