This is an analysis of the poem Lo! Victress On The Peaks that begins with:
LO! Victress on the peaks!
Where thou, with mighty brow, regarding the world,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXcdXaadb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101 11010101001 011100110010011 1001001001101001 100001001011 1010100101011101 1001 11011101011100100 1 10101011011101 11001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 543
- Average number of words per stanza: 79
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lo! Victress On The Peaks;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.