This is an analysis of the poem Camps Of Green that begins with:
NOT alone those camps of white, O soldiers,
When, as order'd forward, after a long march,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcdXXefgbahgX iXdgeX hhdcceheXXc fiXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,6,11,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011101110 11101010011 1011011011011010 1 1011011000111110 01011 10100101101011010 10 110101001001101 101010110010110 1001001011110100 1 111010111110101 110 10100101 10100101 10101110101011 10 001010001101000110 1001 1111110 1011010111001 001010101000011 1 1010011101001110 110111 01010101110101 01110011010110011 1001 10101110101110011 11 101101111 11001101110110010 101 1111011111110100 110010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 445
- Average number of words per stanza: 68
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, and, of, all, for are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Camps Of Green;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.