This is an analysis of the poem The Vineyard Of Dionysus that begins with:
Dionysus walks his vineyard, his beloved;
Two women in dark clothing - two vintagers - follow him....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXaXXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010100010 11001101100101 1001011010100 101111101101 10110110101 10010101001011010 101001001101 0100100001101 101010010010011010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 508
- Average number of words per stanza: 81
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 56 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; two, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Vineyard Of Dionysus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.