This is an analysis of the poem God Alive! that begins with:
God alive! I'm not beyond coherence:
mindfully, I walk among my poems...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcaXdecafXgXafeedbeg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 21,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101010 1001101110 10100010 010101 110101001 001110001 0100010010 110111 110100101 1000010010 1100100101 101011101001 1011111110 10110010 1101011001 0101001010 010101010 11010010 110101 11110101 0101101001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 697
- Average number of words per stanza: 121
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; no is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of God Alive!;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.